Landis transformed the former site of the historic Dryades Market originally built in 1848 into a custom-made permanent home and education center for the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra. The new 14,000-square-foot, two-story facility located on Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard includes a performance venue, a rehearsal room, an archive of New Orleans Jazz, an education room, two bars, and executive offices. The second floor of the venue includes a VIP area with seating and bar area. Total seated capacity is designed to be 360 people, but with a combination of standing room and limited seating can accommodate as many as 600 guests. Given that the venue is centered around music and sound, sophisticated audio and video technologies were incorporated throughout. Landis worked closely with the architect throughout the entire process to seamlessly blend the LEED guidelines into the project timeline, earning the market several outstanding achievements in the LEED application, including two regional priority credits for positive impacts on local environmental concerns. The renovated New Orleans Jazz Market opened in 2014 as a symbol of resilience, revitalization, and recovery for the city, as well as a beacon for sustainability.
2015 - ABC Bayou Chapter Excellence Award - Peoples Health New Orleans Jazz Market